We are a passionate and compassionate firm of lawyers. We stand behind you every step of the way.
Our firm has many million dollar verdicts and settlements to our credit in cases ranging from soft tissue injuries to brain damage cases, as well as many favorable criminal defense verdicts, dismissals and plea bargains.
John has spoken over 300 times to national and international audiences on the topics of personal injury, violent crime and criminal law. He has written law reviews, contributed to news pieces, commented for many media outlets and has advised governments about legal and policy.
Just in 2013-2014, John and his office have been selected as:
- “Best Lawyer,” by readers of the Folio Weekly,
– “Righteous Crusader,” by readers of the Folio Weekly,
– “#1 Lawyer,” by readers of Void Magazine,
– a “Top Lawyer,” by 904 Magazine,
– a “Company with Heart,” by 904 Magazine,
– one of the “Best Lawyers” by Jacksonville Magazine,
– “Who’s Who in Law,” by Ponte Vedra Recorder,
- and others;
as well as rated:
- AV – Preeminent (the highest rating obtainable), by peers according to Martindale- Hubbell,
– 10 / 10, by Avvo,
– Top 100 Trial Lawyer, by the National Trial Lawyers Association,
– Top 40 Under 40, by the American Society of Legal Advocates,
– SuperLawyer, by Florida Super Lawyers.
Mr. Phillips is often published in numerous publications including the Florida Times Union, the Folio Weekly, the Orlando Sentinel, the Tampa Tribune, the Mobile Press Register and many others.
ON AIR LEGAL ANALYST / COMMENTATOR
John is frequently asked to provide the media with legal commentary and he and his cases have appeared on the following networks and shows:
- FOX – Appeared on both national news and with affiliates and more.
- Al Jazeera;
– Arise TV:
- TV ONE;
- and more, as well as many newspapers and magazines.
SERVICE AND PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
John is a member of many professional and community service organizations including:
- Florida Justice Association, Eagle Member (2010 – present);
– Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member (2012 – present);
– Alabama Association for Justice, Member (2012 – present);
– American Bar Association, Member (2012 – present);
– Shannon Miller Foundation, Board Member (2012 to present);
– Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce (2012 to present);
– National High School Basketball Association, Advisor Board Member (2011 to present);
– Spina Bifida Association of Jacksonville, Vice Chairman (2006 -2011);
– Jacksonville Quarterback Club, Board of Directors (2002-2011);
– ABA Advisory Panel, Member (2008-2011);
– Lawline, Faculty Professor, (2011-2012);
– Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, Alumni;
– Paul Brock American Inn of Court, Alumni;
– Jacksonville Bar Association, Judicial Relations Committee (2007-2009);
– Jacksonville Bar Association, Special Needs of Children and Families (2006-2009);
– Jacksonville Bar Association, Professionalism Committee (2006-2008);
– Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee, Member (2005-2010);
– Jacksonville Defense Lawyers Association, Member (2002-2010);
– And more.