In order to “certify” a lawyer, the Florida Bar uses the requirements:
- ♦ Practice of law for at least 5 years;
- ♦ Substantial involvement in the specialty of civil trial law– 50% or more- during the 3 years immediately preceding application;
- ♦ Handling of at least 15 contested civil cases, including cases before juries as lead counsel and as trier of fact on some or all of the issues;
- ♦ 50 hours of approved civil trial law certification continuing legal education in the 3 years immediately preceding application;
- ♦ Peer review by lawyers and judges the lawyer has tried cases with; and,
- ♦ A written examination on civil procedure, the rules of professional conduct, the rules of evidence, trial procedure and more.
It is a commitment of time and effort that is rare in the profession. It shows that John is, indeed, an expert and specialist in civil trial law.
We invite you to review our verdicts, our accolades and awards and what clients have to say about us and give us a call for a free consultation where our lawyers will consult with you personally. John represents clients in Florida, Georgia and Alabama and before the U.S. Supreme Court with passion and compassion. Our firm handles a wide variety of injury and death cases, criminal defense, family law and a host of high profile matters all over. We can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us in Florida at (904) 444-4444 or Georgia at (912) 444-4444.