phillips, hunt, walker & hanna COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Legal Advice: Civil Liability for Spreading or Infecting Others
On Wednesday, February 12, 2020, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals will hear oral argument in the case of Viola Bryant, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Greg Hill versus St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office and Sheriff Ken Mascara. This has become known as the “$4 verdict case.”
That story can be found here: CNN,New York Times, CBS, Time Magazine, NBC, Washington Post, Miami Herald, BBC and others.
Here are the Pleadings / Briefs:
- (1) INITIAL BRIEF OF APPELLANT VIOLA BRYANT
- (2) ANSWER BRIEF OF APPELLEES SHERIFF KEN MASCARA and CHRISTOPHER NEWMAN
- (3) REPLY BRIEF OF APPELLANT VIOLA BRYANT
- APPENDIX TO APPELLANT’S INITIAL BRIEF
- Hill Entire Appendix – 18-13902 (This contains the entire civil rights trial transcript).
Here are the details and location of the hearing: