On Wednesday, February 12, 2020, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals will hear oral argument in the case of Viola Bryant, as Personal Representative of the Estate of Greg Hill versus St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office and Sheriff Ken Mascara. This has become known as the “$4 verdict case.”
Here are the Pleadings / Briefs:
- (1) INITIAL BRIEF OF APPELLANT VIOLA BRYANT
- (2) ANSWER BRIEF OF APPELLEES SHERIFF KEN MASCARA and CHRISTOPHER NEWMAN
- (3) REPLY BRIEF OF APPELLANT VIOLA BRYANT
- APPENDIX TO APPELLANT’S INITIAL BRIEF
- Hill Entire Appendix – 18-13902 (This contains the entire civil rights trial transcript).