phillips, hunt, walker & hanna 4 Wheeler, ATV and Segway Accidents Lawyer in Jacksonville
ATVs and Segways can cause severe injuries, including head, spinal cord, and back injuries. In the U.S. from 2016 to 2020, there were 526,900 ER-treated injuries related to ATVs, ROVs, and UTVs, averaging 105,400 annually according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. ATVs lack safety features like roll bars and seatbelts, making rollovers and collisions common causes of fatalities. Segway riders often suffer head, spine, and back injuries. Be cautious as ATVs differ significantly from standard vehicles and can weigh up to 800 pounds, posing rollover risks
top rated Attorney Florida’s Law on 4 Wheeler, ATV and Segway Accidents
Florida has specific laws and regulations governing the operation of 4 wheelers (all-terrain vehicles or ATVs) and Segways to promote safety and address accidents and injuries related to these vehicles. Here are key aspects of Florida’s law on 4 wheeler, ATV, and Segway accidents:
1. Operation of ATVs:
- Age Restrictions: In Florida, the operation of ATVs is regulated based on age. Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult while operating an ATV. Those under the age of 16 may operate an ATV if they are on land owned by their parent or guardian.
- Safety Gear: ATV operators and passengers are required to wear helmets and eye protection, regardless of age. This safety gear is intended to reduce the risk of head and face injuries in accidents.
2. Operation of Segways:
- Segway Classification: Segways are classified as “electric personal assistive mobility devices” in Florida law. They are allowed on roadways and sidewalks, but operators must adhere to specific regulations.
- Safety Rules: Segway operators must yield the right-of-way to pedestrians, use caution when crossing roadways, and obey traffic control devices. Additionally, Segway operators are required to use hand signals when turning.
3. Liability in Accidents:
- Liability for accidents involving 4 wheelers, ATVs, or Segways is typically determined based on principles of negligence. Injured parties may pursue compensation from at-fault parties who failed to exercise reasonable care in operating these vehicles.
- ATV and Segway accidents may also involve product liability claims if a defect in the vehicle contributed to the accident.
4. Statute of Limitations: In Florida, personal injury lawsuits, including those related to ATV or Segway accidents, are subject to a statute of limitations. The injured party generally has 2- 4 years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit to seek compensation.
5. Safety Measures: To prevent accidents involving 4 wheelers, ATVs, and Segways, operators should adhere to safety guidelines, including wearing appropriate safety gear, operating these vehicles in designated areas, and following traffic rules when applicable.
Florida’s laws on 4 wheeler, ATV, and Segway accidents are designed to enhance safety and reduce the risk of injuries. These laws encompass age restrictions, safety gear requirements, and regulations governing the operation of these vehicles. Liability for accidents is typically determined based on negligence principles, and injured parties may have legal options to seek compensation. Adhering to safety measures and legal regulations is essential for the safe operation of these vehicles in Florida.
phillips & hunt Results
$495+ Million Verdict
Phillips obtained one of the largest verdicts in American history of over $495+ Million dollars in the shooting death of Kalil McCoy. Her killer was also convicted in the criminal courts.Details
Jordan Davis: Wrongful Death
Represented the family of Jordan Davis and assisted with criminal prosecution of Jordan's killer, handled media relations of internationally reported case and obtained confidential maximum available civil settlement.Details
Confidential settlement of over 120 cases against a pediatric dentist who was also prosecuted. We also assisted with shutting his dental practice down. He no longer practices dentistry and was arrested.Details
We received a record $2.6 Million Jury Verdict against Volusia County. It was one of the highest ever against Volusia County. Our trial was televised on Good Morning America and reported nationally.Details
RSD / CRPS Verdict
Obtained jury verdict in Jacksonville, Florida of over $900,000 and added attorneys fees of over $250,000 on a case State Farm only offered approximately $30,000 for years.Details
$1.1 Million Verdict Against Coca-Cola
We obtained an over $1 million jury verdict against Coca-Cola in moderate impact soft tissue damages case in Gainesville, Florida. Coca-Cola failed to even offer medical bills before trial.Details
Brain Injury Medical Malpractice
Phillips obtained a confidential settlement against a chiropractor who provided prescription pain medication to a boxer in advance of an Olympic qualifying fight. She sustained a brain injury due to secondary impact syndrome.Details
$1 Million Settlement
Client's child was tragically run over and killed by a motor vehicle in her driveway. Phillips and his team settled the case for over $1 Million without the need of filing a lawsuit.Details
Over $1 Million Settlement
Cliente recibió más de $ 1 millón en accidente automovilístico. También ayudamos a clientes que hablan español. We handle cases in English, Spanish and Creole.Details
We invite you to review our verdicts, our accolades and awards and what clients have to say about us and give us a call for a free consultation where our lawyers will sit down with you personally. John represents clients in Florida, Georgia and Alabama with passion and compassion. He can be emailed at email@example.com or call us at (904) 444-4444.
Semi-Truck Wreck Boating Accident Lawyers Bicycle Accident Attorney Amputation and Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Premises Liability Lawyer Drunk Driving and DUI Related Injury Lawyer Gun Violence and Gun Shot Accident Lawyer Animal Attacks and Dog Bite Lawyer Medical Malpractice Lawyer Aviation / Airplane Crash Injury Lawyers Wrongful Death Lawyer Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Attorney Brain Injury or Concussive Symptoms Lawyer Broken Bone and Serious Injury Lawyer Burn and Fire Injury
Lawyer Jacksonville Chronic Pain, RSD and CRPS Lawyer Motorcycle or Motor Scooter Accident Lawyer Negligent Security Lawyer Spinal Injury Lawyer Product Liability and Defect Lawyer Police Brutality or Civil Rights Lawyer Food Poisoning and Tainted Food Lawyer Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect Lawyer Insurance Dispute / Bad Faith Lawyers Public Transportation and Bus Accident Lawyer Government and Sovereign Immunity Claims Lawyer Vacation Accident / Negligence Lawyers Florida School Violence Bullying Lawyer Workers Compensation and Workers Compensation Immunity Lawyer Zip Line Accident and Amusement Park Accident Lawyer