phillips, hunt, walker & hanna Birth Injury Lawyer in Jacksonville
Few experiences match the heartache of witnessing your children’s suffering or losing them to accidents, injuries, or illness. As parents, our natural instinct is to protect our children from harm, but childbirth, a vulnerable time for both mother and child, can sometimes be marred by accidents. If a preventable birth injury turned your happy day into a tragedy, you deserve justice for your family. The Law Offices of Phillips, Hunt, Walker & Hanna has the expertise to make negligent medical professionals or institutions accountable.
top rated Attorney Florida’s Law on Birth Injury
Florida, like many states in the United States, has laws and regulations related to birth injuries. Birth injury cases in Florida typically fall under medical malpractice laws. These laws outline the legal requirements for pursuing a birth injury claim. Here are some key points to understand about birth injury laws in Florida:
1. Statute of Limitations: In Florida, there is a statute of limitations that sets a time limit for filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, including birth injury cases. Generally, you have 2 years from the date of the injury or the date when the injury was discovered (or should have been discovered) to file a lawsuit. However, there are exceptions for cases involving minors.
2. Medical Malpractice Standard: To succeed in a birth injury lawsuit, you must prove that a healthcare provider’s negligence caused the injury. Negligence means that the healthcare provider failed to meet the standard of care expected in similar circumstances. Proving medical malpractice can be complex and often requires expert testimony.
3. Damage Caps: Florida has imposed caps on non-economic damages in medical malpractice cases. These caps limit the amount of compensation a plaintiff can receive for pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other non-economic damages. Economic damages, such as medical expenses and lost wages, are not subject to caps.
4. Birth Injury Compensation Fund: Florida operates a Birth-Related Neurological Injury Compensation Association (NICA) program. This program provides compensation for certain neurological injuries to newborns that occur during labor and delivery. It’s important to note that NICA is a no-fault system, meaning families do not need to prove medical malpractice to receive compensation under this program.
5. Consult an Attorney: If you believe your child has suffered a birth injury due to medical negligence, it’s crucial to consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Florida. They can assess the specific circumstances of your case, explain your legal options, and help you navigate the complex process of pursuing a claim or lawsuit.
Please keep in mind that laws can change over time, so it’s advisable to consult with a legal professional who specializes in medical malpractice and birth injury cases in Florida to get the most up-to-date and accurate information.
phillips & hunt Results
$495+ Million Verdict
Phillips obtained one of the largest verdicts in American history of over $495+ Million dollars in the shooting death of Kalil McCoy. Her killer was also convicted in the criminal courts.Details
Jordan Davis: Wrongful Death
Represented the family of Jordan Davis and assisted with criminal prosecution of Jordan's killer, handled media relations of internationally reported case and obtained confidential maximum available civil settlement.Details
Confidential settlement of over 120 cases against a pediatric dentist who was also prosecuted. We also assisted with shutting his dental practice down. He no longer practices dentistry and was arrested.Details
We received a record $2.6 Million Jury Verdict against Volusia County. It was one of the highest ever against Volusia County. Our trial was televised on Good Morning America and reported nationally.Details
RSD / CRPS Verdict
Obtained jury verdict in Jacksonville, Florida of over $900,000 and added attorneys fees of over $250,000 on a case State Farm only offered approximately $30,000 for years.Details
$1.1 Million Verdict Against Coca-Cola
We obtained an over $1 million jury verdict against Coca-Cola in moderate impact soft tissue damages case in Gainesville, Florida. Coca-Cola failed to even offer medical bills before trial.Details
Brain Injury Medical Malpractice
Phillips obtained a confidential settlement against a chiropractor who provided prescription pain medication to a boxer in advance of an Olympic qualifying fight. She sustained a brain injury due to secondary impact syndrome.Details
$1 Million Settlement
Client's child was tragically run over and killed by a motor vehicle in her driveway. Phillips and his team settled the case for over $1 Million without the need of filing a lawsuit.Details
Over $1 Million Settlement
Cliente recibió más de $ 1 millón en accidente automovilístico. También ayudamos a clientes que hablan español. We handle cases in English, Spanish and Creole.Details
We invite you to review our verdicts, our accolades and awards and what clients have to say about us and give us a call for a free consultation where our lawyers will sit down with you personally. John represents clients in Florida, Georgia and Alabama with passion and compassion. He can be emailed at email@example.com or call us at (904) 444-4444.
Semi-Truck Wreck Boating Accident Lawyers Bicycle Accident Attorney Amputation and Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Premises Liability Lawyer Drunk Driving and DUI Related Injury Lawyer Gun Violence and Gun Shot Accident Lawyer Animal Attacks and Dog Bite Lawyer Medical Malpractice Lawyer Aviation / Airplane Crash Injury Lawyers Wrongful Death Lawyer Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Attorney Brain Injury or Concussive Symptoms Lawyer Broken Bone and Serious Injury Lawyer Burn and Fire Injury
Lawyer Jacksonville Chronic Pain, RSD and CRPS Lawyer Motorcycle or Motor Scooter Accident Lawyer Negligent Security Lawyer Spinal Injury Lawyer Product Liability and Defect Lawyer Police Brutality or Civil Rights Lawyer Food Poisoning and Tainted Food Lawyer Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect Lawyer Insurance Dispute / Bad Faith Lawyers Public Transportation and Bus Accident Lawyer Government and Sovereign Immunity Claims Lawyer Vacation Accident / Negligence Lawyers Florida School Violence Bullying Lawyer Workers Compensation and Workers Compensation Immunity Lawyer Zip Line Accident and Amusement Park Accident Lawyer