phillips, hunt, walker & hanna Electrocution/electric shock incidents Lawyer in Jacksonville
If you or someone close to you has experienced an electric shock injury in Florida, it’s important to understand that you may have legal recourse to seek compensation for the harm suffered. Electric shock injuries can result from various circumstances, and the ability to claim compensation depends on the specific details of the incident.
top rated Attorney Florida’s Law on Electrocution/electric shock incidents
Florida, like other states, has laws and regulations governing electrocution and electric shock incidents, which primarily fall under personal injury and safety regulations. Here are some key points related to Florida’s law on electrocution and electric shock incidents:
1. General Safety Regulations: Florida has general safety regulations in place to protect individuals from electrical hazards. These regulations cover electrical installations, equipment, and practices to ensure safety in various settings, including homes, workplaces, and public places.
2. Electrical Codes: Florida adopts and enforces the National Electrical Code (NEC) as its electrical code. Compliance with the NEC is crucial to ensure safe electrical installations and to prevent electric shock incidents..
3. Workplace Safety: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) sets safety standards for workplaces in Florida, including those related to electrical safety. Employers are required to provide a safe work environment and train employees on electrical hazards.
4. Utility Company Liability: In cases where an electric shock incident is caused by negligence on the part of a utility company, such as improper maintenance or electrical grid failures, individuals may have legal grounds to pursue a personal injury claim against the utility company.
5. Product Liability: If an electric shock injury results from a defective electrical product, individuals may be able to hold the manufacturer, distributor, or seller of the product liable for damages. Product liability laws in Florida allow injured parties to seek compensation for injuries caused by defective products.
6. Premises Liability: Property owners in Florida have a duty to maintain their premises in a safe condition. If an electric shock incident occurs on someone else’s property due to negligence, the property owner may be held responsible for injuries sustained.
7. Statute of Limitations: It’s important to be aware of Florida’s statute of limitations for personal injury claims. Generally, you have 2 – 4 years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida. However, the timeline may vary depending on the specifics of your case, so consulting an attorney is advisable.
8. Legal Representation: If you or a loved one has been involved in an electrocution or electric shock incident in Florida, it’s recommended to consult with a personal injury attorney who specializes in these types of cases. An attorney can assess the circumstances, gather evidence, determine liability, and help you pursue a claim for compensation.
Florida’s laws regarding electrocution and electric shock incidents are aimed at protecting individuals from electrical hazards and providing legal remedies for those who have suffered injuries due to negligence or unsafe conditions. Consulting with an experienced attorney is essential to understand your rights, evaluate the viability of your claim, and pursue legal action if necessary.
phillips & hunt Results
$495+ Million Verdict
Phillips obtained one of the largest verdicts in American history of over $495+ Million dollars in the shooting death of Kalil McCoy. Her killer was also convicted in the criminal courts.Details
Jordan Davis: Wrongful Death
Represented the family of Jordan Davis and assisted with criminal prosecution of Jordan's killer, handled media relations of internationally reported case and obtained confidential maximum available civil settlement.Details
Confidential settlement of over 120 cases against a pediatric dentist who was also prosecuted. We also assisted with shutting his dental practice down. He no longer practices dentistry and was arrested.Details
We received a record $2.6 Million Jury Verdict against Volusia County. It was one of the highest ever against Volusia County. Our trial was televised on Good Morning America and reported nationally.Details
RSD / CRPS Verdict
Obtained jury verdict in Jacksonville, Florida of over $900,000 and added attorneys fees of over $250,000 on a case State Farm only offered approximately $30,000 for years.Details
$1.1 Million Verdict Against Coca-Cola
We obtained an over $1 million jury verdict against Coca-Cola in moderate impact soft tissue damages case in Gainesville, Florida. Coca-Cola failed to even offer medical bills before trial.Details
Brain Injury Medical Malpractice
Phillips obtained a confidential settlement against a chiropractor who provided prescription pain medication to a boxer in advance of an Olympic qualifying fight. She sustained a brain injury due to secondary impact syndrome.Details
$1 Million Settlement
Client's child was tragically run over and killed by a motor vehicle in her driveway. Phillips and his team settled the case for over $1 Million without the need of filing a lawsuit.Details
Over $1 Million Settlement
Cliente recibió más de $ 1 millón en accidente automovilístico. También ayudamos a clientes que hablan español. We handle cases in English, Spanish and Creole.Details
We invite you to review our verdicts, our accolades and awards and what clients have to say about us and give us a call for a free consultation where our lawyers will sit down with you personally. John represents clients in Florida, Georgia and Alabama with passion and compassion. He can be emailed at email@example.com or call us at (904) 444-4444.
Semi-Truck Wreck Boating Accident Lawyers Bicycle Accident Attorney Amputation and Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Premises Liability Lawyer Drunk Driving and DUI Related Injury Lawyer Gun Violence and Gun Shot Accident Lawyer Animal Attacks and Dog Bite Lawyer Medical Malpractice Lawyer Aviation / Airplane Crash Injury Lawyers Wrongful Death Lawyer Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Attorney Brain Injury or Concussive Symptoms Lawyer Broken Bone and Serious Injury Lawyer Burn and Fire Injury
Lawyer Jacksonville Chronic Pain, RSD and CRPS Lawyer Motorcycle or Motor Scooter Accident Lawyer Negligent Security Lawyer Spinal Injury Lawyer Product Liability and Defect Lawyer Police Brutality or Civil Rights Lawyer Food Poisoning and Tainted Food Lawyer Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect Lawyer Insurance Dispute / Bad Faith Lawyers Public Transportation and Bus Accident Lawyer Government and Sovereign Immunity Claims Lawyer Vacation Accident / Negligence Lawyers Florida School Violence Bullying Lawyer Workers Compensation and Workers Compensation Immunity Lawyer Zip Line Accident and Amusement Park Accident Lawyer