phillips, hunt, walker & hanna Food Recall Lawyer in Jacksonville
If you become seriously ill or are injured due to a recalled food product, you have the legal option to pursue compensation through a lawsuit against the responsible parties. Such lawsuits are typically based on product liability or negligence, and they aim to provide compensation for various damages, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income, and property damage. Seeking legal representation is important to navigate the complexities of these cases and protect your rights as an injured consumer.
top rated Attorney Florida’s Law on Food Recall
Florida, like other states in the United States, operates under federal regulations and guidelines when it comes to food recalls. The primary federal agency responsible for overseeing food safety, including recalls, is the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for most food products, while the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) handles recalls for meat, poultry, and egg products. Florida’s state laws and agencies work in conjunction with these federal regulations to ensure food safety. Here are key aspects of Florida’s law on food recalls:
1. Adherence to Federal Guidelines: Florida’s laws on food recalls align with federal regulations, and the state follows the FDA’s and USDA’s recommendations and guidelines for handling food recalls.
2. Reporting and Notification: Food manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in Florida are required to promptly report any potential food safety issues or defects to the appropriate federal agency (FDA or USDA) and state authorities. This reporting is essential to initiate recall actions swiftly and protect public health.
3. FDA and USDA Oversight: The FDA and USDA have jurisdiction over food recalls, depending on the type of food product involved. The FDA regulates most food products, while the USDA oversees recalls related to meat, poultry, and egg products. State authorities in Florida collaborate with these federal agencies during recall investigations and enforcement actions.
4. Recalls of Local Significance: In some cases, state or local health departments in Florida may issue recalls for food products with primarily local distribution. These recalls are typically coordinated with the FDA or USDA to ensure consistency with federal guidelines.
5. Consumer Notifications: During a food recall, manufacturers and retailers are responsible for notifying consumers of the recall. This is often done through media announcements, product labeling, or direct communication with retailers to remove affected products from store shelves. Florida residents are encouraged to stay informed about recalls and food safety through official channels and consumer alerts.
6. Investigation and Enforcement: Florida’s Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services plays a role in monitoring and enforcing food safety regulations within the state. They may conduct inspections, investigate potential food safety issues, and take enforcement actions against non-compliant entities.
7. Legal Recourse: If consumers in Florida are harmed or become ill due to consuming contaminated or recalled food products, they may have legal recourse against the responsible parties, including manufacturers, distributors, and retailers. Product liability and negligence laws may apply to seek compensation for injuries or damages.
8. Food Safety Training: Florida also emphasizes food safety training and education for food industry professionals, including restaurant workers, to help prevent foodborne illnesses and minimize the need for recalls.
Florida’s law on food recalls primarily aligns with federal regulations and guidelines set by the FDA and USDA. The state works in collaboration with federal agencies to ensure the safety of food products within its jurisdiction. The key focus is on swift reporting, investigation, and consumer notification to prevent or address potential food safety hazards. Consumers in Florida have legal options for seeking compensation if they are harmed by recalled or contaminated food products.
phillips & hunt Results
$495+ Million Verdict
Phillips obtained one of the largest verdicts in American history of over $495+ Million dollars in the shooting death of Kalil McCoy. Her killer was also convicted in the criminal courts.Details
Jordan Davis: Wrongful Death
Represented the family of Jordan Davis and assisted with criminal prosecution of Jordan's killer, handled media relations of internationally reported case and obtained confidential maximum available civil settlement.Details
Confidential settlement of over 120 cases against a pediatric dentist who was also prosecuted. We also assisted with shutting his dental practice down. He no longer practices dentistry and was arrested.Details
We received a record $2.6 Million Jury Verdict against Volusia County. It was one of the highest ever against Volusia County. Our trial was televised on Good Morning America and reported nationally.Details
RSD / CRPS Verdict
Obtained jury verdict in Jacksonville, Florida of over $900,000 and added attorneys fees of over $250,000 on a case State Farm only offered approximately $30,000 for years.Details
$1.1 Million Verdict Against Coca-Cola
We obtained an over $1 million jury verdict against Coca-Cola in moderate impact soft tissue damages case in Gainesville, Florida. Coca-Cola failed to even offer medical bills before trial.Details
Brain Injury Medical Malpractice
Phillips obtained a confidential settlement against a chiropractor who provided prescription pain medication to a boxer in advance of an Olympic qualifying fight. She sustained a brain injury due to secondary impact syndrome.Details
$1 Million Settlement
Client's child was tragically run over and killed by a motor vehicle in her driveway. Phillips and his team settled the case for over $1 Million without the need of filing a lawsuit.Details
Over $1 Million Settlement
Cliente recibió más de $ 1 millón en accidente automovilístico. También ayudamos a clientes que hablan español. We handle cases in English, Spanish and Creole.Details
We invite you to review our verdicts, our accolades and awards and what clients have to say about us and give us a call for a free consultation where our lawyers will sit down with you personally. John represents clients in Florida, Georgia and Alabama with passion and compassion. He can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (904) 444-4444.
Semi-Truck Wreck Boating Accident Lawyers Bicycle Accident Attorney Amputation and Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Premises Liability Lawyer Drunk Driving and DUI Related Injury Lawyer Gun Violence and Gun Shot Accident Lawyer Animal Attacks and Dog Bite Lawyer Medical Malpractice Lawyer Aviation / Airplane Crash Injury Lawyers Wrongful Death Lawyer Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Attorney Brain Injury or Concussive Symptoms Lawyer Broken Bone and Serious Injury Lawyer Burn and Fire Injury
Lawyer Jacksonville Chronic Pain, RSD and CRPS Lawyer Motorcycle or Motor Scooter Accident Lawyer Negligent Security Lawyer Spinal Injury Lawyer Product Liability and Defect Lawyer Police Brutality or Civil Rights Lawyer Food Poisoning and Tainted Food Lawyer Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect Lawyer Insurance Dispute / Bad Faith Lawyers Public Transportation and Bus Accident Lawyer Government and Sovereign Immunity Claims Lawyer Vacation Accident / Negligence Lawyers Florida School Violence Bullying Lawyer Workers Compensation and Workers Compensation Immunity Lawyer Zip Line Accident and Amusement Park Accident Lawyer