phillips, hunt, walker & hanna Pool, Water Park and Dock Accidents Lawyer in Jacksonville
Accidents in public places, especially those involving pools, water parks, and similar recreational facilities, can have life-changing consequences. Accident victims have legal rights and avenues to seek compensation when they are injured due to the negligence of property owners or operators. Engaging legal representation is often a crucial step in the process of pursuing a personal injury claim to protect the rights and interests of accident victims.
top rated Attorney Florida’s Law on Pool, Water Park and Dock Accidents
Florida has specific laws and regulations governing pool, water park, and dock safety to ensure the well-being of individuals using these recreational facilities. These laws encompass various aspects of safety, maintenance, and liability. Here are some key points regarding Florida’s law on pool, water park, and dock accidents:
1. Pool Safety Regulations: Florida’s Residential Swimming Pool Safety Act (Chapter 515, Florida Statutes) sets forth safety requirements for residential swimming pools. These regulations primarily focus on preventing drownings and near-drownings in private pools. They require features like pool barriers, safety alarms, and pool covers to protect children from unsupervised access.
2. Public Pool Regulations: Public pools, such as those at hotels, resorts, and community facilities, are subject to specific regulations outlined in Chapter 64E-9 of the Florida Administrative Code. These regulations cover water quality, safety equipment, lifeguard requirements, and general maintenance standards. Public pools must comply with these regulations to ensure the safety of patrons.
3. Water Park Safety: Water parks are regulated under Florida’s Amusement Ride Inspection Program (Chapter 616, Florida Statutes). The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services oversees the safety inspection of water park rides and attractions to ensure they meet safety standards. Regular inspections are conducted to identify potential hazards and ensure safe operations.
4. Dock Safety Regulations: Docks, piers, and marinas are subject to safety regulations outlined in Rule 62-330.427 of the Florida Administrative Code. These regulations cover various aspects of dock safety, including structural integrity, electrical systems, signage, and accessibility. Compliance with these regulations is essential to reduce the risk of accidents and injuries on or around docks.
5. Liability for Accidents: Liability for accidents at pools, water parks, and docks can vary depending on the circumstances and the responsible parties. Property owners, operators, and maintenance companies may be held liable if negligence or inadequate safety measures contribute to accidents or injuries.
6. Premises Liability: Premises liability laws in Florida hold property owners and operators responsible for maintaining safe conditions on their premises. If a property owner or operator fails to address hazards or does not adhere to safety regulations, they may be liable for injuries that occur on their property.
7. Personal Injury Claims: Individuals who are injured in accidents at pools, water parks, or docks may pursue personal injury claims to seek compensation for their injuries, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages. These claims are typically based on negligence, and the injured party must prove that the responsible party’s negligence led to the accident.
In summary, Florida has specific laws and regulations in place to promote safety at pools, water parks, and docks. Compliance with these regulations is crucial to prevent accidents and injuries. If accidents do occur due to negligence or unsafe conditions, individuals have the option to pursue personal injury claims to seek compensation for their losses. Consulting with an attorney is recommended to protect the rights and interests of accident victims.
phillips & hunt Results
$495+ Million Verdict
Phillips obtained one of the largest verdicts in American history of over $495+ Million dollars in the shooting death of Kalil McCoy. Her killer was also convicted in the criminal courts.Details
Jordan Davis: Wrongful Death
Represented the family of Jordan Davis and assisted with criminal prosecution of Jordan's killer, handled media relations of internationally reported case and obtained confidential maximum available civil settlement.Details
Confidential settlement of over 120 cases against a pediatric dentist who was also prosecuted. We also assisted with shutting his dental practice down. He no longer practices dentistry and was arrested.Details
We received a record $2.6 Million Jury Verdict against Volusia County. It was one of the highest ever against Volusia County. Our trial was televised on Good Morning America and reported nationally.Details
RSD / CRPS Verdict
Obtained jury verdict in Jacksonville, Florida of over $900,000 and added attorneys fees of over $250,000 on a case State Farm only offered approximately $30,000 for years.Details
$1.1 Million Verdict Against Coca-Cola
We obtained an over $1 million jury verdict against Coca-Cola in moderate impact soft tissue damages case in Gainesville, Florida. Coca-Cola failed to even offer medical bills before trial.Details
Brain Injury Medical Malpractice
Phillips obtained a confidential settlement against a chiropractor who provided prescription pain medication to a boxer in advance of an Olympic qualifying fight. She sustained a brain injury due to secondary impact syndrome.Details
$1 Million Settlement
Client's child was tragically run over and killed by a motor vehicle in her driveway. Phillips and his team settled the case for over $1 Million without the need of filing a lawsuit.Details
Over $1 Million Settlement
Cliente recibió más de $ 1 millón en accidente automovilístico. También ayudamos a clientes que hablan español. We handle cases in English, Spanish and Creole.Details
We invite you to review our verdicts, our accolades and awards and what clients have to say about us and give us a call for a free consultation where our lawyers will sit down with you personally. John represents clients in Florida, Georgia and Alabama with passion and compassion. He can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (904) 444-4444.
Semi-Truck Wreck Boating Accident Lawyers Bicycle Accident Attorney Amputation and Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Premises Liability Lawyer Drunk Driving and DUI Related Injury Lawyer Gun Violence and Gun Shot Accident Lawyer Animal Attacks and Dog Bite Lawyer Medical Malpractice Lawyer Aviation / Airplane Crash Injury Lawyers Wrongful Death Lawyer Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Attorney Brain Injury or Concussive Symptoms Lawyer Broken Bone and Serious Injury Lawyer Burn and Fire Injury
Lawyer Jacksonville Chronic Pain, RSD and CRPS Lawyer Motorcycle or Motor Scooter Accident Lawyer Negligent Security Lawyer Spinal Injury Lawyer Product Liability and Defect Lawyer Police Brutality or Civil Rights Lawyer Food Poisoning and Tainted Food Lawyer Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect Lawyer Insurance Dispute / Bad Faith Lawyers Public Transportation and Bus Accident Lawyer Government and Sovereign Immunity Claims Lawyer Vacation Accident / Negligence Lawyers Florida School Violence Bullying Lawyer Workers Compensation and Workers Compensation Immunity Lawyer Zip Line Accident and Amusement Park Accident Lawyer