phillips, hunt, walker & hanna Carbon monoxide poisoning Lawyer in Jacksonville
Carbon monoxide poisoning is a pervasive and indiscriminate threat that can afflict individuals in virtually any location or circumstance. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas. Unfortunately, carbon monoxide exposure carries severe consequences, with potential side effects ranging from mild discomfort to life-threatening conditions. Moreover, in certain cases, the injuries incurred due to carbon monoxide poisoning may inflict lasting and irreversible damage on those affected.
top rated Attorney Florida’s Law on Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Florida, like many states, has laws and regulations related to carbon monoxide (CO) injuries, particularly in cases involving carbon monoxide poisoning. While Florida does not have specific laws dedicated solely to carbon monoxide injuries, these cases are generally addressed under various legal principles, including personal injury and premises liability laws. Here are some key points to understand about carbon monoxide injury laws in Florida:
1. Negligence: Carbon monoxide injury cases in Florida often revolve around the concept of negligence. To establish a claim, you must generally prove that someone (e.g., a property owner or maintenance provider) was negligent in their duty to prevent carbon monoxide exposure, and this negligence directly resulted in your injuries.
2. Premises Liability: Property owners in Florida have a legal obligation to maintain their premises in a safe condition. If a property owner fails to adequately address issues related to carbon monoxide, such as faulty heating systems or ventilation, and it leads to injury, the property owner may be held liable under premises liability laws.
3. Product Liability: In some cases, carbon monoxide injuries may be linked to defective products, such as malfunctioning carbon monoxide detectors or faulty heating appliances. Product liability laws in Florida allow injured parties to pursue claims against manufacturers or sellers of defective products.
4. Landlord-Tenant Laws: For renters, landlords in Florida are generally responsible for providing habitable and safe living conditions. If a landlord fails to maintain safe heating systems or fails to respond to complaints about carbon monoxide issues, they may be held liable for injuries to tenants.
5. Statute of Limitations: It’s essential to be aware of Florida’s statute of limitations for personal injury claims. Generally, you have 2 – 4 years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida. However, the timeline may vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case.
6. Consult an Attorney: If you or a loved one has suffered a carbon monoxide injury in Florida, it’s crucial to consult with a qualified personal injury attorney. They can evaluate the details of your case, determine liability, and help you pursue a legal claim if warranted. An attorney can guide you through the legal process and work to secure compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages related to your injury.
Laws regarding carbon monoxide injuries can be complex and may evolve over time, so it’s advisable to consult with a legal professional who specializes in personal injury law in Florida to get the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding your specific situation.
phillips & hunt Results
$495+ Million Verdict
Phillips obtained one of the largest verdicts in American history of over $495+ Million dollars in the shooting death of Kalil McCoy. Her killer was also convicted in the criminal courts.Details
Jordan Davis: Wrongful Death
Represented the family of Jordan Davis and assisted with criminal prosecution of Jordan's killer, handled media relations of internationally reported case and obtained confidential maximum available civil settlement.Details
Confidential settlement of over 120 cases against a pediatric dentist who was also prosecuted. We also assisted with shutting his dental practice down. He no longer practices dentistry and was arrested.Details
We received a record $2.6 Million Jury Verdict against Volusia County. It was one of the highest ever against Volusia County. Our trial was televised on Good Morning America and reported nationally.Details
RSD / CRPS Verdict
Obtained jury verdict in Jacksonville, Florida of over $900,000 and added attorneys fees of over $250,000 on a case State Farm only offered approximately $30,000 for years.Details
$1.1 Million Verdict Against Coca-Cola
We obtained an over $1 million jury verdict against Coca-Cola in moderate impact soft tissue damages case in Gainesville, Florida. Coca-Cola failed to even offer medical bills before trial.Details
Brain Injury Medical Malpractice
Phillips obtained a confidential settlement against a chiropractor who provided prescription pain medication to a boxer in advance of an Olympic qualifying fight. She sustained a brain injury due to secondary impact syndrome.Details
$1 Million Settlement
Client's child was tragically run over and killed by a motor vehicle in her driveway. Phillips and his team settled the case for over $1 Million without the need of filing a lawsuit.Details
Over $1 Million Settlement
Cliente recibió más de $ 1 millón en accidente automovilístico. También ayudamos a clientes que hablan español. We handle cases in English, Spanish and Creole.Details
We invite you to review our verdicts, our accolades and awards and what clients have to say about us and give us a call for a free consultation where our lawyers will sit down with you personally. John represents clients in Florida, Georgia and Alabama with passion and compassion. He can be emailed at email@example.com or call us at (904) 444-4444.
Semi-Truck Wreck Boating Accident Lawyers Bicycle Accident Attorney Amputation and Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Premises Liability Lawyer Drunk Driving and DUI Related Injury Lawyer Gun Violence and Gun Shot Accident Lawyer Animal Attacks and Dog Bite Lawyer Medical Malpractice Lawyer Aviation / Airplane Crash Injury Lawyers Wrongful Death Lawyer Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Attorney Brain Injury or Concussive Symptoms Lawyer Broken Bone and Serious Injury Lawyer Burn and Fire Injury
Lawyer Jacksonville Chronic Pain, RSD and CRPS Lawyer Motorcycle or Motor Scooter Accident Lawyer Negligent Security Lawyer Spinal Injury Lawyer Product Liability and Defect Lawyer Police Brutality or Civil Rights Lawyer Food Poisoning and Tainted Food Lawyer Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect Lawyer Insurance Dispute / Bad Faith Lawyers Public Transportation and Bus Accident Lawyer Government and Sovereign Immunity Claims Lawyer Vacation Accident / Negligence Lawyers Florida School Violence Bullying Lawyer Workers Compensation and Workers Compensation Immunity Lawyer Zip Line Accident and Amusement Park Accident Lawyer