phillips, hunt, walker & hanna Child Care or Day Care Injuries Lawyer in Jacksonville
Engaging the services of a daycare injury lawyer can prove instrumental in your pursuit of compensation for your child’s injuries. Daycare facilities across the United States are subject to a multitude of laws and regulations, and these legal standards can differ significantly from one state to another. A daycare injury lawyer serves as an invaluable ally, leveraging their legal expertise and understanding of state-specific regulations to advocate for your child’s rights and pursue the compensation your family deserves in the aftermath of a daycare-related injury.
top rated Attorney Florida’s Law on Child Care or Day Care Injuries
In Florida, child care or day care injuries to children are governed by a combination of state laws and regulations that aim to ensure the safety and well-being of children in child care facilities. These laws and regulations set standards for licensing, safety, and supervision of child care providers. Here are some key points related to Florida’s laws on child care or day care injuries:
1. Licensing Requirements: Child care facilities in Florida must adhere to strict licensing requirements outlined in Florida Statutes 402.305. These requirements cover areas such as staff-to-child ratios, background checks for staff members, facility safety, and health and sanitation standards.
2. Inspections and Monitoring: The Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) is responsible for inspecting and monitoring child care facilities to ensure compliance with licensing regulations. Routine inspections are conducted, and any violations can result in enforcement actions or license revocation.
3. Child Care Facility Standards: Florida’s regulations specify the minimum standards for child care facilities, including requirements for the physical environment, health and safety procedures, and staff qualifications. Facilities are expected to provide a safe and nurturing environment for children.
4. Staff Training: Child care providers in Florida are required to undergo training in areas such as CPR and first aid. Staff members must also complete background checks to ensure they are qualified and free from disqualifying offenses.
5. Reporting Child Care Injuries: Child care facilities are obligated to report any serious injuries or incidents that occur on their premises to the DCF. These reports trigger investigations to determine the cause of the injury and whether any negligence or violations of regulations occurred.
6. Parental Rights: Parents have the right to be informed about any injuries or incidents involving their child while in a child care facility. Facilities are required to maintain records of injuries and incidents and share this information with parents or guardians.
7. Liability for Negligence: If a child is injured due to negligence or a violation of child care regulations, the child care facility and its staff may be held liable for the injuries. Parents or guardians may pursue legal action to seek compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages.
8. Statute of Limitations: It’s important to be aware of Florida’s statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including those related to child care injuries. Generally, you have 2 – 4 years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida.
If a child is injured while in the care of a child care facility in Florida, it is advisable to consult with a qualified personal injury attorney who specializes in child care injury cases. An attorney can assess the circumstances of the injury, investigate potential negligence, and guide parents or guardians through the legal process to seek appropriate compensation and justice for their child.
phillips & hunt Results
$495+ Million Verdict
Phillips obtained one of the largest verdicts in American history of over $495+ Million dollars in the shooting death of Kalil McCoy. Her killer was also convicted in the criminal courts.Details
Jordan Davis: Wrongful Death
Represented the family of Jordan Davis and assisted with criminal prosecution of Jordan's killer, handled media relations of internationally reported case and obtained confidential maximum available civil settlement.Details
Confidential settlement of over 120 cases against a pediatric dentist who was also prosecuted. We also assisted with shutting his dental practice down. He no longer practices dentistry and was arrested.Details
We received a record $2.6 Million Jury Verdict against Volusia County. It was one of the highest ever against Volusia County. Our trial was televised on Good Morning America and reported nationally.Details
RSD / CRPS Verdict
Obtained jury verdict in Jacksonville, Florida of over $900,000 and added attorneys fees of over $250,000 on a case State Farm only offered approximately $30,000 for years.Details
$1.1 Million Verdict Against Coca-Cola
We obtained an over $1 million jury verdict against Coca-Cola in moderate impact soft tissue damages case in Gainesville, Florida. Coca-Cola failed to even offer medical bills before trial.Details
Brain Injury Medical Malpractice
Phillips obtained a confidential settlement against a chiropractor who provided prescription pain medication to a boxer in advance of an Olympic qualifying fight. She sustained a brain injury due to secondary impact syndrome.Details
$1 Million Settlement
Client's child was tragically run over and killed by a motor vehicle in her driveway. Phillips and his team settled the case for over $1 Million without the need of filing a lawsuit.Details
Over $1 Million Settlement
Cliente recibió más de $ 1 millón en accidente automovilístico. También ayudamos a clientes que hablan español. We handle cases in English, Spanish and Creole.Details
We invite you to review our verdicts, our accolades and awards and what clients have to say about us and give us a call for a free consultation where our lawyers will sit down with you personally. John represents clients in Florida, Georgia and Alabama with passion and compassion. He can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (904) 444-4444.
Semi-Truck Wreck Boating Accident Lawyers Bicycle Accident Attorney Amputation and Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Premises Liability Lawyer Drunk Driving and DUI Related Injury Lawyer Gun Violence and Gun Shot Accident Lawyer Animal Attacks and Dog Bite Lawyer Medical Malpractice Lawyer Aviation / Airplane Crash Injury Lawyers Wrongful Death Lawyer Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Attorney Brain Injury or Concussive Symptoms Lawyer Broken Bone and Serious Injury Lawyer Burn and Fire Injury
Lawyer Jacksonville Chronic Pain, RSD and CRPS Lawyer Motorcycle or Motor Scooter Accident Lawyer Negligent Security Lawyer Spinal Injury Lawyer Product Liability and Defect Lawyer Police Brutality or Civil Rights Lawyer Food Poisoning and Tainted Food Lawyer Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect Lawyer Insurance Dispute / Bad Faith Lawyers Public Transportation and Bus Accident Lawyer Government and Sovereign Immunity Claims Lawyer Vacation Accident / Negligence Lawyers Florida School Violence Bullying Lawyer Workers Compensation and Workers Compensation Immunity Lawyer Zip Line Accident and Amusement Park Accident Lawyer