Jacksonville Dentist Howard S. Schneider has used his car aggressively according to witnesses. It all started when a mother of a former patient of his indicated he swerved his car towards her and exhibited his middle finger at her while she protested. That video is here:
Thereafter, national news media from ABC claims Dr. Schneider steered towards them when they sought to interview him. We do not have video from this incident.
In August, Dr. Schneider was served by the Law Offices of John Phillips with 58 notices of intent to sue by child patients of his and their parents, alleging medical malpractice, medical battery and other theories stemming from allegations of abuse and mistreatment in the dentist chair. While the process servers attempted to serve him, he drove his car at the videographer filming service.
Action News covered that incident and went to ask Dr. Schneider about it when he drove his car through his yard and over his sidewalk towards the news cameraman. Watch those stories here:
Here is the full video of the Action News incident:
What laws may have been broken?
316.192 Reckless driving.—
(1)(a) Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
(1) An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.
(2) Whoever commits an assault shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
784.05 Culpable negligence.—
(1) Whoever, through culpable negligence, exposes another person to personal injury commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
316.1995 Driving upon sidewalk or bicycle path.—
(1) Except as provided in s. 316.008 or s. 316.212(8), a person may not drive any vehicle other than by human power upon a bicycle path, sidewalk, or sidewalk area, except upon a permanent or duly authorized temporary driveway.
(2) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.
General Information About Dental Abuse Civil Cases:
- ◊ What is Dental Abuse and Why Does it Exist?
- ◊ Medical & Dental Malpractice and the Mandatory Pre-Suit Period
- ◊ Dental Abuse Statutes of Limitation in Florida
- ◊ Dental Abuse Cases: Class Action in Florida or Not?
- ◊ 5 Simple Tips on How to Choose a Medical or Dental Malpractice Lawyer
Case Against Howard S. Schneider:
- ◊ Frequently Asked Questions and Update on Howard Schneider Cases
- ◊ Statements Made by Jacksonville Pediatric Dentist Howard S. Schneider, DDS
- ◊ Download the 36 Page Arrest Warrant Affidavit Here
- ◊ Jacksonville Dentist Howard Schneider’s Dental Assistant Arrested / Booked
- ◊ Jacksonville Dentist Schneider Medicaid Fraud / Malpractice Claim Update
- ◊ Jacksonville Dentist Howard S. Schneider Uses Vehicle to Intimidate?
- ◊ May 2015 – The Case(s) Against Schneider: Explained
- ◊ Legal Opinion: The Dr. Schneider “Class Action Law Suit” Can’t Proceed
National News Stories About Schneider Case:
- ◊ National News Stories Regarding Howard S. Schneider
- ◊ Dentist the Menace Blog
- ◊ Insurance Journal Discusses Schneider Case
- ◊ U.S. Senators Release Report on Dental Clinics That Skirt Regulations
- ◊ Similar Case (Multi-State Class Action) – Insurers for troubled dental chain Small Smiles’ to pay out $39 million in tentative settlement
- ◊ Press Release by Florida Attorney General on Schneider Case
- ◊ Howard Schneider In His Own Words: The Newsletters
- ◊ Download the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Guidelines here
- ◊ 2015 Florida Law Regulating Dentists
- ◊ Order Relinquishing Florida Dental License (Schneider)
The Law Offices of John Phillips are based in Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach, Florida, but John is licensed in Florida, Georgia and Alabama and before the U.S. Supreme Court. We will consult wherever injustice lives. In addition to personal injury and wrongful death, our firm handles family law matters and select criminal defense cases. You can contact us at email@example.com.