Dr. Schneider was arrested tonight. Here is an update on the case and charges. You can also read the 36 Page Arrest Warrant Affidavit here.
JSO / Attorney General – Criminal Cases
On November 16, 2015, Dr. Howard S. Schneider was arrested. Here is the latest from JSO’s website:
As such, it appears his first appearance was before the court on November 17, 2015, at 9 AM in the Pre-trial Detention facility. However, he bonded out about 10 PM tonight and will be required to appear in court. As such, is Court Date will approximately be December 8 at the Courthouse at a time to be announced.
Here is charging information from JSO:
He was charged with 11 counts of violation of Section 409.920(2)(A)(2), under the Medicaid Fraud Statute. It states:
(2)(a) A person may not:2. Knowingly make, cause to be made, or aid and abet in the making of a claim for items or services that are not authorized to be reimbursed by the Medicaid program.
(b)1. A person who violates this subsection and receives or endeavors to receive anything of value of:
Here is his booking photo from WJXT:
The report of him being out on bond:
This piece shows Schneider’s apparent defense, courtesy of his brother (who has called us anonymously). He may blame his wife for the fraud:
Schneider’s Divorce Case
In them, they reveal Dr. Schneider is seeking a prompt hearing to allow him assets from the marriage, and particularly funds held by his wife, to pay for lawyer fees and expert costs. They also indicated bond would be $850,000, which seems not to have been the case. His lawyers said:
General Information About Dental Abuse Civil Cases:
- ◊ What is Dental Abuse and Why Does it Exist?
- ◊ Medical & Dental Malpractice and the Mandatory Pre-Suit Period
- ◊ Dental Abuse Statutes of Limitation in Florida
- ◊ Dental Abuse Cases: Class Action in Florida or Not?
- ◊ 5 Simple Tips on How to Choose a Medical or Dental Malpractice Lawyer
Case Against Howard S. Schneider:
- ◊ Frequently Asked Questions and Update on Howard Schneider Cases
- ◊ Statements Made by Jacksonville Pediatric Dentist Howard S. Schneider, DDS
- ◊ Download the 36 Page Arrest Warrant Affidavit Here
- ◊ Jacksonville Dentist Howard Schneider’s Dental Assistant Arrested / Booked
- ◊ Jacksonville Dentist Schneider Medicaid Fraud / Malpractice Claim Update
- ◊ Jacksonville Dentist Howard S. Schneider Uses Vehicle to Intimidate?
- ◊ May 2015 – The Case(s) Against Schneider: Explained
- ◊ Legal Opinion: The Dr. Schneider “Class Action Law Suit” Can’t Proceed
National News Stories About Schneider Case:
- ◊ National News Stories Regarding Howard S. Schneider
- ◊ Dentist the Menace Blog
- ◊ Insurance Journal Discusses Schneider Case
- ◊ U.S. Senators Release Report on Dental Clinics That Skirt Regulations
- ◊ Similar Case (Multi-State Class Action) – Insurers for troubled dental chain Small Smiles’ to pay out $39 million in tentative settlement
- ◊ Press Release by Florida Attorney General on Schneider Case
- ◊ Howard Schneider In His Own Words: The Newsletters
- ◊ Download the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Guidelines here
- ◊ 2015 Florida Law Regulating Dentists
- ◊ Order Relinquishing Florida Dental License (Schneider)
The Law Offices of John Phillips are based in Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beach, Florida, but John is licensed in Florida, Georgia and Alabama and before the U.S. Supreme Court. We will consult wherever injustice lives. In addition to personal injury and wrongful death, our firm handles family law matters and select criminal defense cases. You can contact us at [email protected]ajustice.com.