phillips, hunt, walker & hanna PIP/No Fault Insurance Disputes Lawyer in Jacksonville
PIP insurance is a fundamental component of car insurance in states with no-fault insurance laws like Florida. It ensures that individuals injured in car accidents can promptly access medical benefits and other financial support, regardless of fault. However, PIP coverage has its limitations, and drivers often choose to supplement it with other types of insurance to ensure comprehensive protection in the event of an accident. It’s essential for drivers in these states to understand their insurance coverage options and requirements to make informed choices regarding their policies.
top rated Attorney Florida’s Law on PIP/No Fault Insurance Disputes
Florida has a complex legal framework governing Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance, which is also known as no-fault insurance. PIP insurance disputes can arise when policyholders, medical providers, or insurance companies have disagreements over the payment of benefits or the handling of claims. Here are some key points regarding Florida’s law on PIP/no-fault insurance disputes:
1. No-Fault System: Florida operates under a no-fault insurance system, meaning that after a car accident, individuals first turn to their own PIP insurance to cover medical expenses and certain other losses, regardless of who was at fault for the accident. This system is intended to expedite the payment of benefits to injured parties.
2. Required PIP Coverage: Florida law mandates that all drivers carry PIP insurance as part of their auto insurance policies. As of 2021, Florida required a minimum PIP coverage limit of $10,000 for medical expenses and disability benefits and $5,000 for death benefits.
3. Common PIP Disputes: Disputes in PIP insurance often revolve around issues such as the following:
- Coverage Denials: Insurers may deny coverage for medical treatments or other expenses they deem not to be reasonable, necessary, or related to the accident.
- Benefit Caps: PIP benefits are typically subject to limitations, and disputes can arise if the benefits do not fully cover a policyholder’s medical expenses.
- Medical Necessity: Disagreements may occur between insurers and medical providers over the medical necessity of certain treatments or procedures.
- Timely Payment: PIP benefits are expected to be paid promptly. Delays in payment can lead to disputes between policyholders and insurance companies.
4. Mediation: In Florida, many PIP disputes are required to undergo mandatory mediation before proceeding to litigation. Mediation is a process where a neutral third party helps facilitate negotiations between the involved parties to resolve the dispute.
5. Appraisal: Some insurance policies include an appraisal provision that allows disputes over the amount of a PIP claim to be resolved through an appraisal process. An appraiser is chosen by each party, and they work together to determine the value of the claim.
6. Legal Action: If disputes cannot be resolved through mediation or appraisal, policyholders or medical providers may pursue legal action. This can involve filing a lawsuit against the insurance company to seek the payment of benefits.
7. Fraud Investigations: Florida has also taken steps to combat PIP insurance fraud, which has been a significant issue in the state. Insurance companies may investigate claims for potential fraud, which can lead to disputes if the claimant believes they are being unfairly targeted.
It’s important to note that insurance laws and regulations can change over time. If you are involved in a PIP/no-fault insurance dispute in Florida, it’s advisable to consult with a qualified attorney who can provide guidance based on the most current laws and regulations and help you navigate the dispute resolution process effectively.
phillips & hunt Results
$495+ Million Verdict
Phillips obtained one of the largest verdicts in American history of over $495+ Million dollars in the shooting death of Kalil McCoy. Her killer was also convicted in the criminal courts.Details
Jordan Davis: Wrongful Death
Represented the family of Jordan Davis and assisted with criminal prosecution of Jordan's killer, handled media relations of internationally reported case and obtained confidential maximum available civil settlement.Details
Confidential settlement of over 120 cases against a pediatric dentist who was also prosecuted. We also assisted with shutting his dental practice down. He no longer practices dentistry and was arrested.Details
We received a record $2.6 Million Jury Verdict against Volusia County. It was one of the highest ever against Volusia County. Our trial was televised on Good Morning America and reported nationally.Details
RSD / CRPS Verdict
Obtained jury verdict in Jacksonville, Florida of over $900,000 and added attorneys fees of over $250,000 on a case State Farm only offered approximately $30,000 for years.Details
$1.1 Million Verdict Against Coca-Cola
We obtained an over $1 million jury verdict against Coca-Cola in moderate impact soft tissue damages case in Gainesville, Florida. Coca-Cola failed to even offer medical bills before trial.Details
Brain Injury Medical Malpractice
Phillips obtained a confidential settlement against a chiropractor who provided prescription pain medication to a boxer in advance of an Olympic qualifying fight. She sustained a brain injury due to secondary impact syndrome.Details
$1 Million Settlement
Client's child was tragically run over and killed by a motor vehicle in her driveway. Phillips and his team settled the case for over $1 Million without the need of filing a lawsuit.Details
Over $1 Million Settlement
Cliente recibió más de $ 1 millón en accidente automovilístico. También ayudamos a clientes que hablan español. We handle cases in English, Spanish and Creole.Details
We invite you to review our verdicts, our accolades and awards and what clients have to say about us and give us a call for a free consultation where our lawyers will sit down with you personally. John represents clients in Florida, Georgia and Alabama with passion and compassion. He can be emailed at email@example.com or call us at (904) 444-4444.
Semi-Truck Wreck Boating Accident Lawyers Bicycle Accident Attorney Amputation and Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Premises Liability Lawyer Drunk Driving and DUI Related Injury Lawyer Gun Violence and Gun Shot Accident Lawyer Animal Attacks and Dog Bite Lawyer Medical Malpractice Lawyer Aviation / Airplane Crash Injury Lawyers Wrongful Death Lawyer Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Attorney Brain Injury or Concussive Symptoms Lawyer Broken Bone and Serious Injury Lawyer Burn and Fire Injury
Lawyer Jacksonville Chronic Pain, RSD and CRPS Lawyer Motorcycle or Motor Scooter Accident Lawyer Negligent Security Lawyer Spinal Injury Lawyer Product Liability and Defect Lawyer Police Brutality or Civil Rights Lawyer Food Poisoning and Tainted Food Lawyer Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect Lawyer Insurance Dispute / Bad Faith Lawyers Public Transportation and Bus Accident Lawyer Government and Sovereign Immunity Claims Lawyer Vacation Accident / Negligence Lawyers Florida School Violence Bullying Lawyer Workers Compensation and Workers Compensation Immunity Lawyer Zip Line Accident and Amusement Park Accident Lawyer